Filter Media Stacker
The purchasing customer expressed the desire to improve its Layered Filter Stacker. The existing Layered Filter Stacker design was of poor quality and produced an inconsistent product. The system redesign would be designed as a self-standing unit that will interface with the existing up and downstream equipment. The customer specifications required a tight working area and safety protocols to protect the machine operator and bystanders from all machine hazards. Big Sky produced a machine with an output that far exceeded customer expectations while mitigating all existing safety hazards.
Opportunity & Implementation
The project requirements included the machine to be completely autonomous. At its core, the requirements of this project required complex part inspection with a packaging rate of 30 meters per minute. The HMI (Human Machine Interface) is programmed for multiple recipes & features control overrides for all adjustable controls. All machine guarding was required NFPA 79 and OSHA standards. The redesign allowed the machine to handle media lengths ranging from 6″ to 27″ and widths from 6″to 12″. All adjustable components use a center justified adjustment. The control system was UL certified. All equipment met NEC standards as specified by the customer.
Design Features & Specifications
• The HMI (Human Machine Interface) features dual language display capabilities.
• 30’ MPM (Meters Per Minute)
• Stack Light Indicators and illuminated control buttons
• The machine HMI uses customary pictures. All machine sequences can be operated in manual mode on the HMI.
• Structural steel welded base frame
• Infeed to rotary die conveyor feed
• Rotary die cutter assembly
• Hot melt adhesive applicator w/ 100lb tank
• Infeed transfer feed conveyor with acceleration nip roller assembly
• Independent conveyor speed control
• Sheet collection star wheel flights mechanism
• Servomotor controlled down-stacking elevator mechanism
• Air nozzle jets assist
• Cam driven stack enhance tampers
• Vertical lift of leading edge tamp mechanism
• Stack take away and advance conveyor w/ stack position sensors
• Staging exist conveyor for product transfer
• Safety interlocked guard enclosure
Approximate Machine Dimensions: 46″ L x 212″ W x 100” H
Power Requirements: 480VAC, 3 Phase, 60A
Pneumatic Requirements: 80 PSI – 10.0 SCFM