Big Sky Engineering COVID-19 Response Plan
Big Sky Engineering will be taking the following steps to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus by actively encouraging the following procedures:
Perform routine environmental cleaning:
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs. Use the cleaning agents that are usually used in these areas and follow the directions on the label.
- No additional disinfection beyond routine cleaning is recommended at this time.
- Provide disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (for example, doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desks) can be wiped down by employees before each use.
Request that all employees and guests follow the listed procedures while in our facilities and visiting our customers and vendors facilities:
- All Employees and guests must wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating and after going to the bathroom, blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water is not immediately available, we will provide the use of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol We will request that all employees and guest wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when they are sick.
- Cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe which will be provided by Big Sky Engineering.
Additional procedures that Big Sky Engineering will follow:
- Plan to minimize exposure between employees and also between employees and the public, if public health officials call for social distancing.
- Establish a process to communicate information to employees and business partners on our infectious disease outbreak response plans and latest COVID-19 information
- Consider cancelling work-related meetings or events as dictated by our government.
- We will be limiting service calls and air travel to emergency services only
- All employees are to inform management of any potentially sick family members that may have the Coronavirus or like symptoms.
- All employees are asked to inform management of any travel plans for the employee and/or family members to potential areas of high risks of contracting the Coronavirus.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and flexibility as we navigate this challenging situation one day at a time, while maintaining our focus where it belongs: on our Valued Customers and Team Members. We are all in this together